The New Catbird Seat: Complete Coverage for Virtualized and Cloud-based Data Centers
vSecurity is built on industry standard, network-based, security technologies for the most comprehensive set of services protecting virtual, cloud and physical networks. Catbird does more than simply “virtualize” existing network security. Instead, vSecurity integrates the full complement of auditor-required network security controls with the hypervisor itself, correlating terabytes of data from all of the controls against information only available from virtual infrastructure APIs and slow-path introspection to deliver the most accurate, flexible and cost-effective security available to virtual, physical or hybrid data centers.
Catbird's multi-function network security for virtualized infrastructure includes:
- Network Access Control
- Vulnerability Monitoring
- Compliance Enforcement
- Policy Management
- Configuration Management
- Access Control
Deploying multiple devices for each point solution is cumbersome and ineffective in the virtual world. Virtualization represents an opportunity to do security differently. Catbird vSecurity takes this approach, bringing nearly one-stop shopping for network security for virtualized data centers.
Catbird consists of the following elements:
- vCompliance® The multi-award winning vCompliance is the industry's only virtualization security technology that offers automated mapping of security policies to industry-standards, best practices, and regulatory requirements with integrated workflow and reporting. vCompliance® is a real time system that enforces PCI, FISMA and COBIT among other important 3rd party standards. With predefined templates for easy configuration, ensuring virtual data center compliance with a standard of choice is as simple as a button-click.
- VMshield® Protects virtual machines by applying policies to protect individual assets, ensuring these policies follow virtual machines across the data center and monitors their activity. VMshield deploys advanced VM tracking capabilities and correlates hundreds of virtual machine attributes with in-depth monitoring of suspect activity on the network itself. VMShield applies specific IDS/IPS rules to detect and enforce protocol and port level controls to block malicious network activity directed at the specific asset from any source, logs activity pertaining to the specific asset and provides audit trails independent of virtual host logs
- TrustZones® Catbird pioneered logical zoning in virtual infrastructure to deliver a level of automation and orchestration previously unseen in any type of data center. Defined as a logical group of assets that share a common security policy envelope, Catbird TrustZones ensure that security policies associated with a particular virtual machine are enforced and monitored. TrustZones can be used to segment the network. They can span multiple port groups within a switch, VLANs, multiple switches, multiple hosts and even multiple clusters–and still maintain the policy envelope through vmotion events. TrustZones automatically quarantine assets or zones that violate policy.
- Hypervisor Shield® Monitors and controls access to the hypervisor management network and other hypervisor management components, detects malicious network activity directed at the hypervisor from virtual machines and validates that the hypervisor network is configured according to best practices and site security policy.
- Web Based Management A single, web-based portal gives security and operations personnel instant data on the overall security and compliance posture of their environment.
- Reporting Engine Catbird’s decade-long experience in generating meaningful reports for upper management; IT ops and security personnel; and regulators is reflected in its extensive reports, which can be customized to produce views appropriate to the intended audience. Simple charts and graphs give instant status on the security and compliance status of the virtualized data center. Advanced charts guide business and technical decision-making. Logging is a standard feature for forensics and auditors.