As organizations virtualize their Data Centers or deploy private clouds, they require security technologies that provide insight into what is happening within their virtual fabric and enforce appropriate security policies instantly. Traditional security technologies are being deployed outside of the virtual fabric and as such cannot see what is going on inside of and between virtual machines (the so-called east-west traffic). With security threats on the rise and attack techniques becoming more and more sophisticated, securing your virtual infrastructure from the inside has become a must.
Catbird® is a pioneer and leader in software-defined security for the virtual infrastructure. Catbird’s software suite of products was designed from the ground up to provide visibility into and protection of private clouds and virtual Data Centers. Whether you’re planning a move to micro-segmentation or Software-Defined Networks (SDN), need better insight into all VM activity throughout your virtual Data Center or private cloud, want to automate security enforcement within your virtual fabric, or lower operational costs associated with compliance reporting, Catbird offers the right solution for both VMware and OpenStack environments.
Catbird Insight – Discover, Visualize, Analyze
Catbird Insight automatically and continuously discovers all assets in your virtual fabric, allows to group them into logical Catbird TrustZones® and visualizes asset relationships and east-west traffic flows between them.
Deploying Catbird Insight provides you with the following instant benefits:
- You know exactly – at any point in time – all the assets that exist within your virtual fabric. A business unit within your organization just deployed a new VM? You’ll know about it within seconds.
- You can group assets into logical segments – which we call Catbird Trustzones - allowing you to put structure into your virtual fabric. You can group assets anyway you want – by application, by application tier, by organization, etc.
- You can visualize the traffic flows between the different Catbird Trustzones you defined. This detailed, real-time view of how traffic is flowing in and out of your zones leverages netflow traffic, IDS alerts, and allowed and denied traffic based on Firewall Access Control Lists.
- You can slice and dice all information gathered by Catbird Insight. A powerful analytics capability allows you to look for misconfigurations, anomalies, and opportunities to tighten security policies.
Catbird Secure – Enforce, Monitor, Comply
Catbird Secure enables automated enforcement of flexible security policies across Catbird TrustZones®, detects and alerts on potential security incidents, and provides instant compliance reporting for major standards and mandates.
Deploying Catbird Secure provides you with the following instant benefits:
- You can define the appropriate multi-functional security policy for each Catbird TrustZone. Each policy steers technical controls such as a firewall rule-set, Network Access Control (NAC), Intrusion Detection and Protection (IDS/IPS), Net Flow and vulnerability/configuration monitoring, and can execute numerous other security tasks via hypervisor interfaces.
- You are in control. Worried that a new VM might sneak in and bypass your security policies? Don’t … a default security policy that you define will automatically be applied to any asset not assigned (yet) to a Catbird TrustZone.
- You can select and define alerts so you detect potential security incidents early on. An important IDS alert triggered? A FW rule-set was changed? A new asset was discovered? You’ll know about it right away. And through a simple configuration you can point these alerts to your SIEM or ticketing system for further follow-up.
- You will be on top of your game when the next audit comes along. With a simple click of a button, various compliance reports (e.g. PCI, HIPAA, FISMA) are being generated out of a system allowing you to demonstrate towards auditors which controls you have in place and prove they are being enforced.
Learn More About Our Product